🎧 Home Detox: Part 1May 03, 2022
Podcast music by Chris Robertson.
This week's new podcast is different from the usual format: Usually, I am interviewing a guest. But, in the newest episode, I'm the guest!
In the Spring of 2021, I led a three-part Home Detox workshop series for this wonderful community, Everwell. I will be sharing all three parts with you in the upcoming next three episodes of the Practical Nontoxic Living podcast.
The first episode is an excellent intro and overview of why you should detox your home. It also shares great tips to get started.
- How did I become passionate about studying our toxic exposures and why am I passionate about teaching others about it?
- Why should we detox our homes?
- Which health issues have toxic exposures from our homes and consumer products been linked to or associated with?
- How can we approach detoxing in a simple and inexpensive way?
- What are some tools for talking with other decision-makers?
- How can detoxing be a mindfulness practice?
- What do you think of BPA-free products?
- What detergents do you use?
- What's a simple high-impact tip to reduce EMFs?
- Do magazine covers contain BPA?
- Are there brands that claim to be nontoxic but are not?
- Is there a plastic water bottle that you use?
Podcast Show Notes
[01:52] Sophia’s story
- Healthy Technology Habits/ House Rules
- How is having a mom who is obsessed with toxic chemicals?
[10:26] Why did Sophia go down the path of teaching about nontoxic living?
- Our children will inherit the decisions we make today
[15:01] How can we approach detoxing in a simple and inexpensive way?
- Detoxing is a mindfulness practice
- Reducing plastic exposure
[24:39] Tools for talking with other decision-makers
- Not expecting everyone around you to change and how to handle that
- It’s about the conversations you have
<[27:33] What motivated Sophia to create the Workbook?
- Elimination diet approach
[34:09] Questions from the audience
- Is there a reusable bottle brand that Sophia recommends?
- Sophia’s recommendations for baby bottle nipples.
- Are BPA water bottles bad? If so, why?
- What is best for baking? Parchment Paper or baking mats?
- Detoxing your hands
- Are there brands that claim to be safe but aren’t safe?
- Sophia’s thoughts on sunscreen
- Alternatives to fragrance
Recommended Practical Nontoxic Living Podcast Episodes
- E45. Make Home a Pillar of Health with Domonique Silva
- E44. Tips to Protect Your Body from 5G with Daniel DeBaun, author, engineer, co-founder & CEO of DefenderShield
- E34. "Sick of Being Sick" with Nita Ewald, Functional Health Coach for Women’s Health & Fertility
DECONSTRUCT TO RECONSTRUCT.
Deconstruct your habits, mindset, and assumptions to reconstruct your home, diet, self-care, and technology relationship for a practical nontoxic and healing lifestyle. We're bringing consciousness to unconscious choices.
Start by detoxing your cleaning.
Join our mailing list and enjoy our free download of our beautiful Nontoxic Cleaning Guide. It shares the safest cleaning approach for you and our ecosystems.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.