🎧 New Podcast: How to select the best air purifier for your budgetMar 20, 2020
Updated March 20, 2020 to include podcast show notes.
Podcast guest: Vinny Lobdell, Jr, indoor air quality and air filtration expert; co-founder of Intellipure; president of Intellipure’s parent company, Healthway Family of Brands, and Global President of its sister company, Pure Wellness.
Podcast composer: Chris Robertson
Today, we’re talking about air purifiers.
I’ve been really excited about this podcast because I found it very challenging to get comfortable with which air purifier to use for my family.
After searching for air purifiers on Google to get a sense of how many options a consumer has and what the price range is, a Google search returned over 200 options. The cheapest air purifier was $11.99 and the most expensive one was under $27k. How does a thoughtful consumer begin to navigate these options to identify the best fit for your needs and budget?
This podcast can help.
Why should you care about an air purifier?
I didn’t think much about indoor air quality until I started learning that mattresses—including crib mattresses—can off-gas toxic fumes. I learned this about 12 years ago, soon after I gave birth to my first child. I read theories that these toxic fumes may increase the risk of SIDS, which further motivated me to find the most effective air purifier for my family’s bedrooms.
Since then, I’ve been learning about the many other household products that contaminate our indoor air and dust—like our carpets, furniture, cleaning products, and more.
In fact, the US EPA estimates that indoor air tends to be at least 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air, even in the most industrialized cities.
And we often spend approximately 90% of our time indoors.
And certain populations—like young children, domestic workers, and the elderly—can spend even more time indoors than the average person.
While there’s a lot that we can’t control about indoor air quality—like in our workplace, we do have a lot of opportunities to create a healthy home, especially a healthy bedroom. Our podcast guest is here to help!
Podcast guest: Vinny Lobdell, Jr
Vinny Lobdell, Jr is co-founder of Intellipure, president of Intellipure’s parent company, Healthway Family of Brands, and Global President of its sister company, Pure Wellness. We’ll hear more about these B2B and B2C solutions in the podcast with Vinny, who is a leading indoor air quality and air filtration expert.
Vinny is here to help us understand how to select the best air purifier for our circumstances and budget. He explains that air purifiers are helpful not just in filtering toxic fumes, allergens, fungi, and particles, but also ultrafine particles that are smaller than the tip of a hair.
Studies are finding that these ultrafine particles not only can irritate and inflame our air passageways, including our lungs, but they can penetrate to other areas of our body and contribute to cancer, heart disease, and more.
We talk about the need for air purifiers to be effective for the square footage of your space, to address germs, bacteria, and fungi that can grow inside your air purifier, and other important considerations.
I hope you find this podcast helpful.
Podcast Show Notes
Fine and ultra fine particles—a fraction of the size of a tip of human hair— are all around us along with viruses, mold and other toxins. Leaving them unfiltered can have a big impact on the health of you and your family.
Vincent Lobdell is a leading indoor air expert behind Intellipure air purification systems, a top choice for effective hospital, commercial and residential air filtration. Today, he sits down to explain the science behind air filtration systems. He explains the effects pollutants, mold, unfiltered viruses and toxins can have on us all from brain health to fertility.
Listen in to hear what you need to know if you’re searching for the best air filter for your circumstances and budget. Is there a filter that can minimize the spread of microns as small as those seen in Coronavirus? How do Dyson, Molekule and Austin Air stack up? Find the answers to these questions and more, in this episode of Practical Nontoxic Living.
- [00:02] Intro
- [01:15] Why should you care about your air quality?
- [04:55] Meet Vincent Lobdell of Intella Pure
- [06:24] Small town beginnings and development
- [08:51] The 3 brands under the Intellapure umbrella
- [10:21] How Sophia made the choice to go with Intella pure
- [11:48] Comparing air cleaners
- [13:31] The impact of air quality and ultrafine particles on health and fertility
- [15:19] Are HEPA grade filters the best? What are the drawbacks?
- [17:11] Virus, mold and toxic particle filtration with DFS
- [19:13] 40x higher efficiency of any HEPA system
- [20:22] Harmful fume and VOC removal
- [22:56] When should you air out your house?
- [26:19] The cost of running air purifiers 24/7
- [27:25] Cleaning detox immersion
- [29:37] Testing Dyson v.s Molekule v.s Intellipure
- [37:57] Outro Part 1
- [02:46] How to test your indoor air quality
- [04:01] Pure 365 to measure and control air quality
- [04:35] Eastern region air quality impact
- [05:38] Customer reviews and patient stories from Intellipure
- [07:45] Thoughts on Austin Air
- [09:52] Intellipure's patented technology
- [11:31] Sophia's choice to become an Intellipure affiliate partner
- [12:40] Pricing
- [13:36] Outro
- “These are real issues, it's really impacting people and for the most part we can't see them. So how do we first embrace technology to understand and see what's in our air? and second, what roadmap can we create to help live better in our spaces?” -Vincent Lobdell [14:40]
- “The way we've built our homes, we've built our homes so energy efficient, due to cost, that we've just created this time bomb or this super pollution in the space.” -Vincent Lobdell [20:55]
Below, you can watch Vinny use a meter to compare the effectiveness of Intellipure, Molekule, and Dyson air purifiers.
Enjoy 10% off
You can also enjoy a 10% discount through the coupon code below at the website linked above the code below. After all my research, I decided to become an affiliate partner of Intelliure. So I earn a fee from sales earned through my link below.
I hope that sharing which air purifier I've selected for my family, and the reasons why I chose it, helps save you time in your search for the best air purifier for you! I was also happy to learn that fertility expert, Dr Robert Kiltz, founder and director of CNY Fertility, endorses Intellipure. You can listen and watch him speak about this in the video here: Air Purifiers: How to distinguish which is best?
Click here: Intellipure
10% coupon code: Sophia10
DECONSTRUCT TO RECONSTRUCT.
Deconstruct your habits, mindset, and assumptions to reconstruct your home, diet, self-care, and technology relationship for a practical nontoxic and healing lifestyle. We're bringing consciousness to unconscious choices.
Start by detoxing your cleaning.
Join our mailing list and enjoy our free download of our beautiful Nontoxic Cleaning Guide. It shares the safest cleaning approach for you and our ecosystems.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.