🎧 NEW PODCAST: Heal Burnout, Anxiety, and Stress with Kelsey PatelOct 14, 2020
by Sophia Ruan Gushée; podcast produced by Chris Robertson
Whenever I want a boost in my mood or energy, I connect with Kelsey Patel.
She and I don't know each other that well (she lives in LA while I live in NYC), so I connect with her energy through either her podcast, Magik Vibes, or her email newsletter.
I also can feel her healing, loving energy when reading her newly published book Burning Bright: Rituals, Reiki, and Self-Care to Heal Burnout, Anxiety, and Stress (paid link). Since knowing her and her work have helped me, I'm really excited to share her positive and delightful energy with you!
(paid link from image above)
In this podcast, which was recorded in April 2020, you'll hear Kelsey's insights on how we can "release needless suffering" by modifying our perspectives and the stories we tell ourselves. What's so powerful about this is that these shifts can transform how we react and interact with our life's moments.
Kelsey and I talk also about:
- How our society's value on productivity often leads us to feel burned out, anxious, unhappy, and even physical symptoms
- How we can learn from our physical symptoms
- Imposter syndrome, and how many of us feel that we are not good enough
- An intro to Reiki, which is a Japanese healing modality that intends to bring balance and harmony to the body, mind, and soul.
- That we should practice energy hygiene. Kelsey explains that since we are always interacting with energy, our mental and emotional body needs cleaning on a regular basis too. And one of the easiest ways is a handwashing ritual.
- This podcast reminds us to take care of our energy resources and offers tips on how to do that. You'll hear about EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), or "tapping," which opens up energy chi, or energy flow.
I hope you enjoy listening to this podcast. It considered those of you who are feeling overwhelmed, burnt out, anxious, depleted, or those who are wondering about your life's direction.
Kelsey Patel's Background
Kelsey Patel is one of Hollywood’s leading wellness and reiki experts. She is not only a sought after spiritual empowerment coach, yoga teacher, reiki healer, and meditation teacher, but also a multi-faceted entrepreneur and inspirational speaker. She is the creator and founder of Magik Vibes, a soul-enhancing lifestyle brand, that was named one of the top 7 subscription boxes of 2017. In 2018, she became co-host of the celebrity-endorsed podcast series, Break Up with Your Bullshit and in 2019 she launched her very own wellness meets spirituality podcast, called Magik Vibes.
Kelsey's newly published book Burning Bright: Rituals, Reiki, and Self-Care to Heal Burnout, Anxiety, and Stress is especially apropos now—during a time of great uncertainty. Kelsey Patel describes an imprint as:
"a belief system or a deeply embedded memory that has altered how you see yourself, someone else, or the world. When something happens to you that leaves an impression, your central nervous system creates a picture of it and keeps it stored inside you. As it lives there unprocessed, it can turn into what feels like an absolute truth, an unquestioned belief, an irrational fear, or, when the imprint is positive, a piece of wisdom, life guidance, or a positive self-concept. An imprint can make you act illogically, it can make you believe things aren't true, and it can make you do things you wouldn't otherwise do. That's because imprints aren't based on your current reality. They come from a past moment or a past reality (or your perception of a past reality). You can grow out of them, but if you hang on to them, they keep you acting from a place that may no longer be relevant for your life. They can hold you back from growth and stepping into the now of your life."
Related Practical Nontoxic Living Podcasts
- E25. Heal Your EMF With Energy Medicine
- E24. Protect Your Brain and Body from 5G and Other EMFs
- E23. Grounding Yourself with Meditation
- E18. Essential Features of a Healing Home
DECONSTRUCT TO RECONSTRUCT.
Deconstruct your habits, mindset, and assumptions to reconstruct your home, diet, self-care, and technology relationship for a practical nontoxic and healing lifestyle. We're bringing consciousness to unconscious choices.
Start by detoxing your cleaning.
Join our mailing list and enjoy our free download of our beautiful Nontoxic Cleaning Guide. It shares the safest cleaning approach for you and our ecosystems.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.