The air purifier I use for my familyNov 24, 2020
Updated November 23, 2020 to consider my podcast interview with Vinny Lobdell, Jr, founder of Intellipure. This post was originally published in June 2018.
One of the most common questions I'm asked is, "Which air purifier do you use?"
Recently, after speaking at a wellness event for the Brown Alumni Club of NY, my fellow panelist Max Goldberg (someone you should follow and support because he's working hard to protect our food supply from toxic chemicals: visit his website LivingMaxwell.com) said to me, "I have THE BEST air purifier." Max has been using it for +10 years. And he got one sent to me to try for free.
I loved it so much that I ended up buying eight!
View this post on Instagram
Why did I select Intellipure?
My research on Intellipure has been comprehensive. While I did not research others nearly as much, I kept digging deeper into Intellipure because I increasingly liked what I learned.
My due diligence included a couple of meetings with the president (Vinny Lobdell Jr), even more emails, my own online research, and then a podcast video interview during which Vinny shows us with a meter how Intellipure compares to the two other popular air purifiers. You can watch this comparison in the video below.
I'm impressed with Intellipure's track record in both the commercial and residential arenas. They have serviced hospitals (including the Mayo Clinic), hotels (including Marriott, Wyndham, Hilton, Hyatt and Sheraton hotels), and educational institutions (including Harvard University). The technology used for commercial offerings benefits the models available for households under the brand Intellipure.
Below are key reasons why I like it (most of which is from the company website). In addition, compared to other high-quality air purifiers that are large and loud, I like the relatively sleek design and sound (it's more quiet and soothing) of Intellipure. It is much bigger than a smaller, indiscreet—even cute—air purifier. But Intellipure is probably a lot more effective.
- It captures particles that are much smaller than what a HEPA filter captures. Specifically, Intellipure reportedly:
- is 40x more efficient than a HEPA filter
- captures 99.99% of particles down to .007 micron in size whereas a HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size
- It removes 99.99% of harmful viruses, fungi, molds, and bacteria from its filtered air; and its DFS technology inhibits microorganism growth within the machine. This protects your bioburden.
- It removes gases and odors
- >90% removal efficiency on formaldehyde and >95% removal efficiency on toluene
- Independently tested and verified to guarantee better ultrafine particle efficiency than HEPA
- 24/7 operation can cost as little as $1 a month
- It provides the highest CFM (cubic feet per minute of airflow) per decibel level of noise in its category, making it the quietest air purifier of its kind
- This technology is currently used in hospitals, medical clean rooms, government buildings, and military applications
Enjoy 10% off
Intellipure is very expensive at $999 per unit. However, detoxing my family's bedrooms and other areas where the kids spend a lot of time is invaluable to me.
Intellipure has graciously offered my followers a 10% coupon code. You can use the coupon code below at the website linked above the code below. I have agreed to become an affiliate partner (I make a commission, which helps support my work!).
I hope that sharing which air purifier I've selected for my family, and the reasons why I chose it, helps save you time in your search for the best air purifier for you!
Click here: Intellipure
10% coupon code: Sophia10
Recommended by fertility specialist Dr. Robert Kiltz
Dr Robert Kiltz is founder and director of CNY Fertility. In the video below, he states that pollutants (from air, water, and food) can be inhaled to contribute to inflammation and infertility.
Podcast show notes can be found here: Practical Nontoxic Living podcast with Vinny Lobdell on episode 19.
Daniel Baldwin (his brother Alec Baldwin ends up joining too!) shares his breathing issues on the ESPN radio (link below), and discusses how Intellipure improved his breathing, energy, cognitive functioning, and sleep quality! Since I don't have serious health issues, I really appreciated hearing Daniel's experience of feeling dramatically better after using Intellipure.
The interview starts at roughly 13:25.
Vinny is a guest so you can listen to him talk more about Intellipure.
Home Detox Workbook: Checklists to Eliminate Toxic Chemicals (Amazon paid link)
Stay connected with nontoxic lifestyle news and updates!
Receive our free Ruan Living Nontoxic Cleaning Guide when you join our email list.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.