Ways to Maintain a Healthy, Balanced Lifestyle with Heidi Kuijmian O'BrianFeb 08, 2024
If you attended Ruan Living's recent workshop on obesogens, you might have learned how recent science shows that simply diet and exercise are not enough for a healthy, optimized body.
In this episode of Practical Nontoxic Living, Heidi Kuijmian O'Brien joins to discuss holistic health, how to optimize your blood sugar, and health trends. She shares her journey to nontoxic living, and Heidi and Elizabeth discuss her top three tips to prioritize to get started with a more holistic lifestyle!
Heidi Kuimjian O'Brien is a certified expert in Holistic Nutrition and the visionary force behind a thriving digital marketing consultancy dedicated to wellness brands. Renowned for her dynamic approach, Heidi is also the host of the rapidly growing podcast, LIFELONG, a captivating show focused on non-toxic living and longevity.
Heidi's professional journey unfolded at the crossroads of the corporate marketing world, leveraging a robust background in the design industry, and fueled by an unwavering passion for health and wellness. Recognizing the need to unite her passions with her expertise, she founded her digital marketing consultancy, becoming a catalyst for the success of wellness brands seeking strategic promotion.
Throughout her career, Heidi has not only led marketing teams for global corporations but has also initiated and successfully managed three of her own businesses. What truly distinguishes Heidi is her profound understanding of health and wellness products and services. Unlike typical marketers, Heidi authentically knows and believes in the products she promotes, bringing an unparalleled level of credibility to her endeavors.
Heidi's commitment to the wellness space goes beyond business. As the host of LIFELONG, she shares insights and knowledge on non-toxic living and longevity, further establishing herself as a thought leader in the wellness community.
Click below to listen to the episode, or find Practical Nontoxic Living across all major podcast platforms!
Keep reading for Show Notes.
[00:00] Non-toxic living and longevity with Heidi Kuhn John.
- Ruan Living offers a 40-day home detox program with new packages for more accessibility.
[02:51] Holistic healing and toxic exposure.
- Heidi shares her journey from experiencing debilitating health issues as a teenager to becoming a holistic health advocate.
- Heidi's journey of healing from chronic illness through holistic living and identifying toxic exposures.
[06:09] Holistic health and wellness journey.
- Heidi shares her story of healing and finding purpose in helping others through holistic health and nutrition coaching.
- Elizabeth shares her journey with illness, including exposure to mold in college dorms and a breast tumor diagnosis at 21, which led them to reevaluate holistic health and become an educated consumer.
[11:50] Cellular hydration, mindfulness, and toxin reduction.
- Heidi emphasizes the importance of cellular hydration, recommending mineralized water like Mountain Valley Spring Water for optimal health.
- Heidi emphasizes the importance of daily spiritual practices and reducing stress through non-toxic living.
[17:25] Blood sugar balancing and health trends.
- Blood sugar balancing as a popular health trend and emphasizing its importance for long-term insulin health.
- Tips for reducing sugar spikes, including apple cider vinegar and cinnamon.
- Importance of balancing blood sugar levels through meal planning, including carbs, fiber, protein, and fat in each meal.
[24:34] Balanced eating and nutrient-dense snacks.
- Examples of how to achieve balance in a busy day by making small changes, such as choosing nutrient-dense foods.
[29:04] Nontoxic living, nontoxic clothing, and other health goals
- Upgrade lifestyle choices starting with non-toxic clothing, home furnishings, and nail polish.
- Importance of considering the absorption of chemicals through clothing, as it is absorbed into the body just like skin care products.
Stay connected with nontoxic lifestyle news and updates!
Receive our free Ruan Living Nontoxic Cleaning Guide when you join our email list.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.